Monday, March 9, 2020

The Fresh Faces Project Awards 2020: 4 Questions With The Founder, Calynn M. Lawrence


For those who don't know, The Fresh Faces Project Awards 2020 happened a little over a week ago on March 1st! This "Catching Fire" themed ceremony was thrown to celebrate and commemorate the works of many local artists, talents and entrepreneurs! This is the second ceremony hosted and produced by the Founder, Calynn M. Lawrence, Miss World America Nation 2020. As part of her community service and nonprofit work, she put together the free, invite-only event and honored over 40 individuals and businesses! At 24 years old, she has big plans for not only her nonprofit, The Fresh Faces Project, and her online reality show, "Chicago Talent", but she also will be announcing her biggest business venture yet later this year! Here are 4 Questions with her about things you'd like to know!

What made you start the Fresh Faces Project as a teen, and did you see it growing to the state it is now?

I started The Fresh Faces Project in 2014, as a Senior in high school at Jones. I was surrounded by people who were fellow creatives and business-minded individuals who were very career-driven.  With my beloved internship at the downtown (Chicago) Nordstrom mall about to end, and embarking on a new academic journey in college, I knew I needed to start something that could keep my talents utilized and that could carry over wherever I went! I had already been blogging for about 3 years, and I wanted to expand that. So, I was eventually inspired to start The Fresh Faces Project, a movement that could connect and promote others in the community, and eventually internationally, who were following their dreams and pursuing their passions! Obviously, I'd hoped it would go far and thankfully it has! I can't wait to see where it is another few years from now.


How Did You Select The Honorees For The Awards?

It has always been about the people. The Fresh Faces Project has ALWAYS and will ALWAYS be fueled by what's happening in the community and in the world. So, people who I'd observed throughout 2019 and so far in 2020 who I saw making moves to contribute to society and make a difference were the ones who I selected. It was a small committee who also submitted nominations to be approved, but every single last one of those selected had personally impressed me and impacted the world in one way or another! I am a firm believer in the concept of "Sending it on" and that "just one spark starts a fire" so I feel that people working so hard to do so much good need to be rewarded.

Who Do You Have To Thank For The Event's Success?

I am so blessed to have such a great support system that has made it possible for me to build my businesses and my career to this point. For the event specifically, my mother Dawn was my right-hand woman. She is the Founder of a new business called Damuchi Does It! She did the catering and the decor. My father Tory, my sister Candyss and her husband Robert, all donated beverages! My little sister Camrynn and her best friend Nicole were awesome photographers! And, two of my best friends Nikhaule and Ariel helped with setup and organization! They truly made this thing happen for me! As a self-funded entrepreneur, it can be very difficult to make ends meet on a shoestring budget, but they contributed greatly!



What's Next For You? What Are Your Goals For 2020?

I definitely would like to wrap up filming for Season 3 of Chicago Talent and give the viewers a stellar show! I would like to meet my goal, as Miss World America Nation 2020, to make a difference and do charity in every single continent globally before the end of my reign. Ofcourse, I would love for the launch of my next business venture to go smoothly and without setbacks. 

And, equally as important, I would love to find someone who I can call my own. I've been through a lot of heartbreak and it hasn't been easy. Having been purposefully single for about 9 months, I would love to find someone who is true to me and worthy of my love. I may only be 24, but as a hopeless romantic and someone who is looking to settle down in my younger years, it would mean the world to me to be able to build an empire with an equally powerful king to rule alongside me! I'm not settling for less though. He's gotta be the real deal, ride or die, I expect nothing less and will accepting nothing but.

 @freshfacesproject

@chicagotalenttv




No comments:

Post a Comment