Sunday, July 21, 2019

Meet the Multi-Talented Artist, MaNazah Chandler!



A documentary titled, “My Girl Story”, MaNazah provided Voiceover Narration for, was selected into two 2019 Film Festivals in Detroit: I See You Awards & Trinity International Film Festival (TIFF). The short film titled, “FAMOUS the Movie”, MaNazah played a short speaking role in, was also accepted into the TIFF. She’ll be gracing the Runway, modeling for 4 designers, during the 37th Annual African World Festival (AWF), Detroit Rocks the Runway @ 9 PM on Saturday, August 17th 2019 outside the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History.

1) Describe yourself in three sentences.
MaNazah Chandler leads by example living passionately and serving her community. A true nurturer who spreads love and light to each person and place she graces. MaNazah is one dedicated, multifaceted and determined soul who works diligently to build a legacy to support a better quality of life for herself and others. 


2) Tell us about your childhood. How would you describe your upbringing in a few sentences? How did this effect your adulthood?
I’m grateful to have had a magical childhood where using my imagination and playing outside was LIFE. I was raised in a single-parent home by my strong, beautiful mother, Easter Jean Young. I’ve never been in Boot Camp, yet I’m sure my upbringing would be the perfect depiction; only with better tasting food prepared in LOVE. I thought the yelling and whooping’s would never stop. I wasn’t a horrible child. I was the quiet, straight A student with Perfect Attendance. I respected my mom, kept my room clean and my chores done. My mom did not play about those chores; if I did not get up as soon as she said, it would be a problem. I love and miss my mother dearly; she transitioned at 50 years young in Detroit, December 2018. As an adult, I have a low tolerance for others yelling at me. Through her teachings, she assured I was disciplined, knowledgeable, strong, loving and fully prepared for this world before she departed. As an adult, my mom always told me to, “Work SMARTER, not HARDER.” When I was a little girl, she told me, “You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to.” & I’m doing just that. 


3) What motivates you to succeed? Advice for others seeking inspiration?
Honestly, I find motivation to persevere regardless from every aspect of life, good or bad. In each experience, there’s something to be gained to aid us all in elevating to that next level. The fact that I’m not quite living the life I envision in my head, motivates me to keep pushing forward daily until it becomes my reality.

Advice for others: Immerse yourself in the things that fill you up with joy, stay in touch with your imagination, create, spread love, try something new, take deep breaths, travel, volunteer, laugh (your a** off), dance, spend time in nature, put your bare feet in the dirt to ground yourself and most importantly express gratitude daily for all you’ve had, have and desire to obtain. Follow and connect with others who are doing what you desire to pursue. Surround yourself with positive, inspirational people and lastly, love on you, take care of yourself and never give up on yourself or your dreams. You are your biggest supporter!


4) Tell us your definition of a "win" and a "loss"? 
My definition of a “win” is anything you accomplish, grand or minute, you’ve been toiling at diligently with no expectation of receiving recognition. The greatest wins are the ones others have no clue about.

My definition of a “loss” is a win in disguise. There’s always more to be gained and a lesson to be learned for further growth. When you “lose” something, it actually makes more room for the magical things to flow right in. #Winning


5) If you could change something about your past, would you?
I would say no, yet I would’ve learned how to drive and become comfortable with driving while I was a teenager. I currently do not drive, and I don’t have an interest in doing so. 


6) Sum up your career goals, life goals, personal goals in a few sentences.
I yearn to just LIVE, explore and thoroughly enjoy this magnificent life of mine. Being my own boss, having multiple streams of income, living a passion-filled life doing the many things I love: Acting, Singing, Voiceover, Emceeing, Volunteering, Spoken Word Poetry, Modeling, Event Organizing, etc. Simply leading by example to help guide others to their dream, purpose-filled lives.


7) What is your most appreciated "failure"?
It’s difficult for me to answer this question because again, I perceive my losses/failures as wins in disguise. I appreciate them all, big or small, because I wouldn’t be the dynamic woman I am today.

I stay winning!
Follow Her!








1 comment:

  1. I'm forever grateful for this opportunity! Thank you True Elegance Magazine Online! #LetsBuild

    ReplyDelete