Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Acclaimed Indie Author, Zachary Ryan!



1) Describe yourself in three sentences. I would like to say that I'm passionate an give everything in what I involve myself in with writing and my professional career. I would say that I'm very loyal and dependable with my friends and family. Finally, I would say I'm a good time, and you know when I'm in the room.
2) Tell us about your childhood. How would you describe your upbringing in a few sentences? How did this effect your adulthood? I grew up with a mixed family. My parents divorced when I was young, and my dad read married. I grew up with six boys in the house, so it was always kind of crazy. I think I was the forgotten child at some times, so I became this person that needed to make myself remembered. I needed the spotlight to be on me and not others.
3) What motivates you to succeed? Advice for others seeking inspiration? I want to make myself known for something. I don't want something I put my heart in to become a complete joke. I think what motivates me the most is making sure that I don't embarrass myself even fully. I think if something is connected to me that I be proud of it and can stand by it. My biggest advice is to put your all into something that you're doing, but be open to criticism and advice to make yourself and your project grow.
4) Tell us your definition of a "win" and a "loss"? I think a win for me is when my book got picked by a publisher. I think a loss for me is when reviewers called me one of the worst writers they've ever read.
5) If you could change something about your past, would you? No, I know it sounds cliché, but I think everything got me to where I've been. Now, when I think of mistakes do I still cringe absolutely.
6) Sum up your career goals, life goals, personal goals in a few sentences. My career goal is to be able handle being a general manager of the bar that I'm currently working out. I want to make sure that I'm able to handle it and my personal life. Life goal is to go back to school for my masters to be able to teach creative writing. I would like my books to be more recognized. I want to see High School Queens go as far as it can. Personal goals is for me and my boyfriend to get married and have kids. I want to start a family, but that's a long way down the road.
7) What is your most appreciated "failure"? When I was told I was a horrible writer. I think that gave me the motivation to work on books that I loved instead of writing books to be published. I think I write more honest books now then I did back then.
8) Give us a 150 word summary of your latest book. My newest novel is called High School Queens. It's about these high schoolers who are trying to keep their secrets from The Marked Queen. It's very Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl. It has that campy, bitchy, and fun nature. You love the backstabbing, the drama, and the secrets. I did want to add some serious topics in the novel with Muslim's view on homosexuality, alcoholism, child abuse, and drug use. I wanted to make it where it had fluff, but some serious topics to ground the boo. You'll laugh your ass off and learn something new in the process.
9) Tell us why you wrote it and how it will affect the target audience. Why is it unique? I wrote this book because I had been writing serious novels for so long that I wanted to switch it up. I needed something to be fully drama, and this was the perfect blend of both. I think it gave me something that I loved I enjoyed every second of it. I could not relate to any of these characters, and that's what made it the best fun. I think it will affect the target audience with the serious topics. I think they'll learn about a different culture they don't know about and the struggles everyone goes through. We all have a mask on, but do you know the person behind the mask. It's why it's so unique because I don't think people talk about that kind of theme a lot. We all put up this front, but do you know what happens behind closed doors?

No comments:

Post a Comment