Friday, February 10, 2017

Business Mogul and MBA Graduate, Arkeem Williams Speaks On His Life

" I'm a young entrepreneur that believes that anything is possible. I've been blessed to experience a lot and believe my purpose is to help others. I want to make sure that I leave my stamp on this world. "

 Tell us about your childhood. How would you describe your upbringing in a few sentences? How did this effect your adulthood?
 I believe I had great childhood experiences in my life. In my early childhood years, I played a lot of sports. I believe sports were a intricate thing that helped me develop my competitive mentality at a young age. That mentality has caused me to rise over obstacles that could have potentially derailed my success. Yet, I was able to beat them and continue in my stride towards acheiving my goals.

What motivates you to succeed? Advice for others seeking inspiration?

I believe I have a lot of motivating factors. Most of my motivation comes from within. See, I wasn't born rich or wealthy and neither was my son. But I truly believe his (my son) kids will. I just want to provide an affluent lifestyle for my family. Every Williams before me died broke, I want to change that curse and stomp out the curse of poverty from my entire family tree. 

Tell us your definition of a "win" and a "loss"? 
 I believe a "Win" is when you've completed a task or a goal. And a "Loss" is when you have have quit or given up. 

If you could change something about your past, would you?
I have no regrets about my past. I wish I would have gotten more serious about being a entrepreneur earlier in life but I believe it all worked out. 

How do you think your academic background effected your secular endeavors? Do you think that is was fundamental to your career success? Explain.
I think academics and your dedication to them play an essential part in your later success. See I remember getting my freshman year report card and it read 4Fs, D, C, and a B. My mom was outraged! My mom did something that changed my life forever! She decided to punish me that Christmas. She always gave the best gifts around the holidays, and was one of the people I looked forward to getting gifts from. As I woke up that Christmas, to my surprise, mom held up her end of the bargain and didn't get me anything. She told me the reason and from that point on i never received another F in my high school or college career. My parent took academics seriously and after realizing that I did the same. It also showed me that you could change anything. See it's not how you start, but how you finish. I started with terrible grades but graduated high school with a 3.3 GPA.

Sum up your career goals, life goals, personal goals in a few sentences.
I have summed up all my goals as me wanting to be the BEST!!! I grew up and it was cool to just be one of the guys, but now later on in life I want to be THE GUY!!! I really right now in life just want to be the right example, so that somebody could look at me and say, "I would love to be like that guy. "




CHECK HIM OUT ONLINE! Click!

Check Out Our Partner, The Fresh Faces Project! Click!

No comments:

Post a Comment